The BLC Blog

A forum and learning place for British Language Centre students

Thursday, March 4, 2010

If I were rich...

Do you play the lottery on a regular basis? Do you dream of striking it lucky and never having to worry about money again? And what exactly would you do, if you won a lot of money? What would be the first thing that you would buy with all those millions? A new book called We Won The Lottery by Danny Buckland details some of the more unusual purchases made by lottery winners. Perhaps you can get some ideas from there on how to spend your winnings - if you ever get that wonderful opportunity!
Some of the most common things to spend your lottery winnings on are cosmetic surgery, in particular boob-jobs, and cars. However, some people have bought a flock of sheep and their own whiskey factory! One woman even paid to have the title 'Lady' so that she could get the best tables in exclusive restaurants. Fancy that!
If I won a lot of money, I would do three things: buy a large house with a lovely garden; go travelling around the world with my family for a couple of years, especially to see all the major sights like Machu Pichu, the Pyramids and the Taj Mahal, to name but a few; and go shoe and handbag shopping in New York at Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Gucci etc. That would be heaven for me!
So what about you?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 08, 2010 7:17 PM, Blogger MARIA said...

Hello, my name is María and if I won the lottery, first I would buy an amazing house in the center of the city, with, at least, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a very very big living room and an aluminum kitchen!
Then I would purchase a sailboat for sailing with my family and friends. I love the sea!!
Travelling around the world is a very great thing to do if you have money, it is no doubt!
And I completily agree with the idea of going shopping around the best designers shops!! what a wonderful thing!!!
I would like to stop working too, at least in a convencional work where you have to get up early, stay 8 hours a day, stand your boss,... I would do artistic jobs, for example!
Regards

 
At March 09, 2010 10:03 AM, Blogger BLC Blogger said...

Wow, Maria! You have it all worked out, don't you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I think a lot of people would agree with you about not working in a conventional job where you have to put up with a terrible boss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home