The BLC Blog

A forum and learning place for British Language Centre students

Monday, February 11, 2008

Word of the Week - 5


This is a noun but if you add -ed onto the end you can make it into an adjective. This word is used to describe something or someone that brings bad luck or somebody who is rather unlucky. I thought of this word because I often believe that I am jinxed! Especially last week when everything that could go wrong, did! The escalators were broken in my tube station, the lift in my block of flats (apartment block AmE) was out of order and I live on the seventh floor, the escalators ate my shoe and I spilled tomato juice down my favourite top.

Have you ever seen Meet the Parents? or Meet the Fockers? Do you remember the cat in the film? His name was Mr Jinx (Gafe in the Spanish dubbed version).

Do you think you are particularly jinxed? Write a comment letting us know why.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home