The BLC Blog

A forum and learning place for British Language Centre students

Monday, November 24, 2008

Word of the Week -31

First of all, my apologies for the lack of blogging in the last week or so. This was due to two reasons. A) I have been having technical difficulties with the computers both at work and at home and B) I have been feeling under the weather this past week. This second reason leads me to today's word of the week.

OFF

This is a very useful word and one that you have surely come across many times in your English learning experiences. Today, we are going to look at the word as an adverb or an adjective meaning not at work or at home or on holiday.

I was off work last week because I was ill. (I was off sick)
John is going to take a few days off to spend with his wife and new baby.
I need some time off to visit my father in hospital.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home