The BLC Blog

A forum and learning place for British Language Centre students

Monday, April 26, 2010

Word of the Week - 71

PECKISH

This week's word of the week was one of the solutions from a crossword I was doing - (those of you who know me will be aware that I'm partial to a good cryptic crossword). The word is an adjective which is used to describe how you feel when you are slightly hungry and would like a little something to eat. 'Rather' and 'a bit' are often placed before this adjective.

I'm feeling a bit peckish, can we go and get a bite to eat?

Even though I've had a huge breakfast and it's only ten o' clock, I have to admit that I'm feeling rather peckish.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 07, 2016 3:05 PM, Anonymous Visas and Work Permits said...

This is one wonderful post! Thanks from Visas and Work Permits team of immigration consultants in Dubai

 

Post a Comment

<< Home