The BLC Blog

A forum and learning place for British Language Centre students

Monday, April 28, 2008

Word of the Week - 16


I was level testing some students in a company last week and one of them used this word which I found impressive. It's an adjective with two main uses. The first is to talk about something that has been affected by rust. When a piece of steel or iron has reacted with air and water and turns a reddish brown colour we can say that it is rusty. The second use, and the one that the student used, is to talk about a skill that you were once good at but now you are not as good at because you are out of practice and you have forgotten a lot.

It's such a long time since I spoke French that I'm a bit rusty.

I need to get a new bike, my other one is old and rusty.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home