The BLC Blog

A forum and learning place for British Language Centre students

Monday, December 1, 2008

Word of the Week - 32


This word can be a verb or a noun. As a verb it meants to shout and go on about something in an angry way because you are annoyed about something. When you are ranting you don't always speak coherently. As a noun this word refers to a long, angry speech.
I thought of this word today because I have been ranting this morning about people who drop chewing gum on the floor. Some idiot had dropped their chewing gum in the corridor and I had sat on it while waiting for the academy to open. To add insult to injury, I am wearing a new pair of trousers that I bought at the weekend!
Is there anything that you would like to have a rant about? Leave your comments in the comment box after this post.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home